Opportunity – Architect/Technical Lead for Microsoft Dynamics AX
This role is to be based at our IT Delivery Centre in Chennai and will include some interaction with other geographically located teams.
We are looking for a Technical Lead in Microsoft Dynamics AX to join our company to lead a small team, provide technical guidance and to develop new functionality on an established global ERP platform. This is a great opportunity to advance your career with a Global IT Team that enables our businesses around the world to operate efficiently and effectively and thrive in today’s economy! Amongst other things, the IT Team focuses on providing customized, comprehensive IT solutions and services that make a measurable difference to our brands across the globe.
Key Job Activities
- Translate design specifications made by consultants into high-quality technical specifications
- Help scope engagement by providing detailed development time estimates
- Apply expertise to delivery of high quality development work
- Plan detailed required development work and divide in manageable work packages
- Provide status reports showing progress in clear and concise manne
- Maintain / Develop various application integration with third party and legacy/back-end systems
- Provide technical guidance to the team, plan work load, review code quality and be the go-to person on the specific technology
- 8+ years expertise developing OO-programs
- 8+ years experience as a developer in Dynamics AX 2009 and X++
- At least 2 years of experience leading small teams
- Experience with successful implementations (at least 2 years of experience on large projects)
- Knowledge of quality framework for development of software and implementation of ERP applications
- Excellent technical/architectural understanding of application development, MS, Dynamics AX
- Working understanding of SQL and SQL server
- Working understanding of functional domains related to Retail Business environment (Transaction Management, Marketing & Sales, Order to Cash cycle, , etc.)
- Experience with system performance management/performance improvements in Dynamics AX
- Valid Microsoft certifications (MS SQL Database, Dynamics AX)
- Experience of building/managing a team of developers, critically reviewing work in order to both ensure code quality and provide ongoing training/mentoring to developers
- Experience of managing a complex and changing codebase with multiple developers working within a source controlled environment
- Experience of managing, resolving, monitoring performance issues within Dynamics AX 2009 environment
- Ability to grasp complex business concepts quickly in order to provide efficient input at appropriate stages in development lifecycle
Educational and Behavioural attributes
- Bachelors in Engineering or Technology and Masters in Technology /Business Administration preferred.
- Technical certifications will be an added advantage
- Willingness and ability to work in a start-up environment.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Result orientation.
- Stable and long term approach.